|1||John Adams Vinton, "The Giles Memorial" (Name: 1864 Boston, Massachusetts;). p.
Text From Source: Mary, b. about 1682; m. 1, Andrew Ham of Boston, Nov. 17,
1710. They were married by Rev. Samuel Myles, minister of King's Chapel. 2, John
Brewer of Boston, Oct. 6, 1719. She was Widow Brewer in 1727. In 1760 she was
deceased, but had two sons living. Gyles Brewer, housewright, and Thomas Brewer,
mastmaker, both of Boston. These two sons, for £76.10.8, gave to James Fulton a
deed of one-fourth part of a tract of land, containing 515 acres, in tlie
"intended township or district of Topsham," tiie title to which land was derived
to them from their mother, Mary Brewer, late of Boston, deceased. Of course it
came through her fiom their grandfather Thomas Gyles, and was a part of the land
assigned to his heirs by the Pejepscot Proprietors as an equivalent for his
large farm on Merrymeeting Bay, as already stated. The deed bears date April 16,
1760, and is recorded with Lincoln Deeds, lib. 1, fol. 93.